The Weekend is Finally Here!
It has felt like a slow week in these parts. It took nearly all week for my body to recover from that gymnastics class. There was a whole lot of soreness and probably some pulled muscles. My back and chest were so sore, I was having a little trouble with simple things, oh, such as coughing, sneezing and breathing. Yeah. Anyway, I’m looking forward to a productive yet relaxing Saturday. I have a list of things I really want to do:
1. Clean the house. The kitchen only takes about 15-20 minutes and then I just want to do a quick dusting of things that are dusty and vacuum the little piles of cat hair that are starting to make our floor look like a field of tumbleweeds. Three cats equal a lot of extra hair EVERYWHERE. Especially if you’re lax when it comes to vacuuming, like me. I think it might be my most hated chore. Oh well.
2. Replace light bulbs. Yes, we have light bulbs in the living room, kitchen and upstairs hallway that have been burnt out for (many) months. How is that for lazy? Tomorrow, I will replace all of them, despite being too short to even reach them on a step stool. If I don’t change the bulbs, it’s likely they’ll never get changed until god-only-knows when. Derek isn’t the most motivated person when it comes to keeping house and doing maintenance-type stuff. Whatev! He’s much better in the kitchen (where he belongs).
3. Update my iPod. I have a bunch of new music to add to the iPod, to replace what I’m going to take off. I’m sick of bunch of crap I’ve got on there that only ends up getting skipped whenever it comes up on shuffle. It’s nice to refresh things every so often. I re-joined eMusic a couple months ago so I’ve got some albums that I haven’t even listened to in their entirety yet. A few of those are Moody Motorcycle (Human Highway); Conor Oberst (Conor Oberst, duh); and Rook (Shearwater). I think tomorrow will be a good day for devoting a couple (or more!) hours to just chilling on the couch with the Mac and the music.
4. Read some magazines. They are piling up! I canceled all my magazine subscriptions a couple years ago, when I went back to school, because I didn’t have time to read them. But now that I’ve got free time again, I went a little crazy with the magazine subscriptions. Hey, it’s still cheaper to buy a subscription than to buy a magazine every month for an entire year. Anyway, I love magazines. Always have. I especially love free magazines subscriptions. You can find them if you just do a little online searching. Along with the mags I pay for, we get SPIN and Metropolitan Home for free. I also love food magazines like Gourmet, Bon Appétit and Cooking Light. I think I know what I’ll be doing while listening to those albums mentioned above . . .
5. Eat some vegetables. I’ve been eating a lot of crap lately and I’m really just craving a big dinner full of grilled vegetables. That is really all I have to say about this. (It makes me hungry just thinking about it.) I guess I’ll hit up a farmers’ market first thing tomorrow morning so Derek can cook up a lovely vegetable medley! Oh, and maybe even grill some fruit. Mmmm . . .
6. Bounce on the trampoline! Did you guys know I’m twelve?! Really! I am! And what twelve-year-old doesn’t like bouncing around like a goof? Pfft . . . none! I sure as hell like jumping. In fact, I think I’d go so far as saying I LOVE JUMPING. It’s fun. And it’s good for you, too. Now I can strengthen my core by doing tuck jumps! Who needs crunches? (Boring.) I’m slowly getting small pieces of equipment that I’ll actually use for home workouts. The pull up bar is next. 🙂
So there you have it, my very planned out, low-key weekend. Wow, I’m fairly boring.